Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Crazy.


The day started out so good. Scott got a call saying that YGG got a Day time Emmy nomination!!!!
And I half to say it is just an honor to be nominated! I'm so proud of Scott. They also won an award called the Fred Rogers award(as in Mister). So I had my own little celebration with Harper. We went to Fashion Island where I made a couple of purchases.(We will see if I keep them)Then I went to Sarah's house to sew. While sewing we heard a loud noise and a scream. A little boy on his bike got hit by a car. It was horrible. We knew him and his mom. It really shook me up. I just kept thinking of my boys and what would I do if it were them. It's easy to take for granted your kids health.  So give your kids a big hug and kiss today and then talk to them about bike safety.

5 comments:

whitneyingram said...

Someone was in a drunk driving accident in the middle of the night right outside of my house last year. A woman was thrown from the car and she died on the sidewalk. It was really scary and both Ethan and I couldn't sleep for days.

Christy said...

Wow! That is very scary. I'm always reminded of that story of those 7 year old twins who were walking home from school and one of the twins was killed by a driver swerving around the corner. I can't imagine one of mine living without the other and I get shaken up thinking about it. Did the little boy live that got hit outside? And congrats to Scott! We're all very excited!

Ruth said...

I know the boy is alive but I don't know what condition he is in.

Christy said...

I can't even imagine what that mom is going through.

Colt Bowden said...

Congratulations!!! I can just see Scott in his own cardigan sweater giving an inspirational acceptance speach about how Mr.Rogers influenced him as a kid. Hopefully the opposition of awards and accidents balances out to even.