Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad 2


picture taken by Ollie
We got back from New York today. (will post later about that) It was cool because we got to spend fathers day with the kids. Max wrote Scott a poem and this card...
 dad you are the 
best friend ever to me.
you are the best dad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(there were this many!)
I cried when I read it. Max and Scott really ARE best friends. They are currently watching some random 80s movie together in the other room. I really think Scott may be the best father a kid could have. He really looks forward to hanging out with them. He loves taking them to try new things. He is WAY patient. Way more than me. He never raises his voice. He never looks at spending time with the boys as a chore. His dream is for them to go to work and hang out with him. Which coincidentally is my dream too.

6 comments:

Katie Schultz said...

wow you are one efficient momma. I love this post... I cried when I read that you cried about Max's poem. Say when is Yo Gabba going to have a "Bring your Kids to Work Day"?

Georgia said...

Here are a couple of Fathers Day quotes:

1) Any man can be a father, it takes a special man to be a dad. Author Unknown.

2) A father is a banker provided by nature.
Author...French proverb

Happy Fathers Day Scott!

Colt Bowden said...

HFD SS YGG!




MFKB

Rebecca said...

I just found a comment you left on Tracy's blog and had to follow it! I so look forward to reading all your stuff - as soon as I get a free moment:)

Erika said...

ruthie,
glad you are back from nyc. please tell me all about it over a medium slow run of your choice...
call me.

Crystal said...

Yay for great dads!
This is a bit off topic, but Scott looks a bit like an older version of my bf. Must be the hair.