Monday, June 16, 2008

and the Emmy goes to........


Not Us! But hey we are still the "Emmy nominated" Yo G G, right? Someone asked my sister if we were bummed about going all the way out to NY and not win and the answer is HECK NO. C'mon free trip to New York ?! Seriously folks!! I felt out of place the whole trip. A Lincoln Town car picked me up at my 900 square foot home to take us to the airport!! Then one picked us up and took us to are Hotel(the Essex house)which over looked central Park. And I went to the Emmy's. Did I mention are food was paid for? Can you say Room Service!!(OO-OOOOO)A girl could get used to this.
Us on the way to the Emmys. Our cab driver Henry was CRAAAAZY! Scott made the mistake of knowing who Lou Reed was which turned into a drug history lesson. There is something alarming about your cab driver telling you about all the drugs he likes to take.
My very Handsome Husband.
Scott was most excited to me this guy, Carol Spinney. The voice and puppeteer of Oscar and big bird. He was pretty funny.
This is Bob from sesame street, It was as if Scott was meeting Brad Pitt. He totally stalked the guy.
We Celebrated our UNvictory with some soft serves. The trip was pretty near perfect -Minus- not winning and the crazy Thunder storm that happened the next day. But............ I would like to thank the people that made this possible......... Wildbrain for footing the bill.....Beth and Nancy for watching my kids.......Brooke sister Ashley for watching Harper........Charles for not killing boo.......and the academy,What an honor, thank you.

11 comments:

Katie Schultz said...

Ruth you look AAmAAAAAzing! I was hoping for a whole outfit shot, with the shoes too. How Fun

Aaron said...

Did you at least visit the MoMA?

Georgia said...

Even without the award...you guys totally WON! What an awesome experience!!!! The pictures are great! I am sure meeting the puppeteer's for Sesame Street was a thrill!!! Congratulations!!!!! It looks and sounds as if you guys savored the moment!!!

LOVE the purple dress Ruth : )

Jana Heller said...

you look awesome! that is honestly so cool. what a fun trip. congratulations on the nomination, what an honor.

Beth said...

I was waiting for this blog! You LOOK GRRRREAT! (I agree with Katie I want to see the entire outfit head to toe!) I know I keep saying this but...This is just the beginning get used to it! Free trips, Town cars picking you up, meeting famous people. WOW! You both deserve it!

Colt Bowden said...

So do I have to un-congradulate you? Just kidding, nominations can still go on resumes and my prediction is it's only the beginning!

julie said...

dude, i loved reading this post! (actually, all your posts) pretty amazing. congratulations and how fun about all the yo gabba craze. and you guys look fabulous. was there a red carpet thing?

Kim said...

You guys look smokin'. I would love the star treatment. I feel special when we valet park!

Ruth said...

I Know, I hardly even valet!! And when I do I'm always embarassed cuz of all the kid mess.(Julie) there was no red carpet for us.

Sarah said...

Gorgeous--that's all I can say.

Christy said...

Nobody cares about the words "Winning" or "Nominated". All they care is that the Emmy's recognized them. I'm so happy for him and LOVE that he stalked the Sesame STreet characters. I would have done the same thing. Scott, Ben & I lived for Sesame Street. LOVE this fulfilling post too. I was wondering how fun it was! Awesome.