Saturday, May 31, 2008

Look who we ran into at The Fair

 Unfortunately The fair was this weekend. Why I say "unfortunately"is because it is right across the street from our house. So I can't lie to my boys and say it's closed or all the rides are broken.There are only two things that scare me, 1 is nuclear war and 2 is carnies. Yes Fairs bring out the worst in me. I guess I am pretty spoiled with my Disney passes. I hate the fact that these rides cost $$$ to ride. And that they are operated by drunk toothless people(carnies). I mean come on I'm trusting this guy to operate this Large machinery that my children are riding on?! Usually Scott turns into Daddy Warbucks and drops the serious cash on the scary carnie rides. He then buys a smorgasbord of food that is guaranteed to make you gain 1,000 pounds. In my head I keep thinking what I could have bought. Like instead of the funnel cake, $5 coke and cotton candy .........a shirt from anthropologie. Right? Oh well, i guess we spent time as a family. blah blah.




8 comments:

stacy said...

ok xoe and xanthe are either really tiny or max is a giant or a little of both. he is so tall! and he is getting so handsome in his old age. :)

i know parking sucks (we had to have cars towed because people would park in our driveway) and everything kinda sucks around there during the fair but i miss it a little. that was such a fun time for us.

i love that top picture!

stacy said...

i forgot to tell you since you asked. we don't know what we're having yet we find out on the 30th of june. :)

amber buhrley said...

Oh, I loved the St. Angelas fair growing up! So many fun memories. I can only imagine what it is like living across the street! Scary!

Christy said...

Carnies...no good...I'm right there with ya. And I hate carnivals too. Kids never get tired of them. Brian and I actually bribed X&X to drive to Tucson to go to the fun center there, just so we didn't have to go to the carnival a block and a half from our house.

Christy said...

oh, and I love that I find out more about the girls' trip from your guys' blogs than I do from the girls. hehe. You'd think they'd be all about details since they're girls, but they're not. :) So fun though!

Colt Bowden said...

It's only bad news if they stray out of the carnival and show up at your front door..

p.s. watch out for the razor filled apples, or is that trick or treating myths?

Beth said...

There's nothing like Carni food and Rides to make you sick! But we had fun! It was a great show!

Katie Schultz said...

These pics are so great. I feel like you should become a hired photographer. Yah that is a bust about the fair being right across the street.