Tuesday, May 6, 2008

1234 I declare a thumb war


Every day before school Ollie and I have a battle. He insists on bringing toys to school. Obviously That's not allowed, but he usually sneaks one in his pocket. So once again he is trying to bring an armful to school and I say "Ollie no toys to school." Oh mom! ........How about I thumb wrestle for them. If I win I get to bring them. If you win I'll leave them at home. "Yes! That sounds great". Let me tell you I showed him no mercy. 1234 your out! Oh man! How about another one. Sorry dude you lost, no toys. He really thought he was going to win. But he got in the car no problems. I realize I have stumbled on to a good thing here. So tonight when he asked for a snack before bed I said I'll thumb wrestle you for it. He won . For now his faith in his thumb wrestling abilities is restored.

4 comments:

Christy said...

Dude I love that kid. think it'll work on xoe & xanthe?

Rachel said...

...and thats why we all love all Ollie!
I'll have to remember that one next time I babysit.

Aaron said...

True story: I've never lost a thumb war. My hands are huge, and my thumb is freakishly long. He better keep training if he ever wants to dance with the champ.

Beth said...

Since I read this blog I have had a least 3 thumb wars with him. It's so funny because he really does think he is going to win. (so of course I let him everytime!)I love that kid!