Sunday, June 13, 2010

She is blessed

Last Sunday our Davy girl was blessed. If you are not LDS, it's basically like an inspired prayer, given usually by the Father. This was such a huge milestone for me personally. I needed my little lady to make it to this point. I was hoping for some comfort or maybe a thought of the future, something to calm me. Scott did a wonderful job. It was a great blessing.
Davy was well loved. Thank you everyone for making the trip to see her. It means a lot to have your love and support.
Scott and Ollie both stood up and spoke their testimonies. I was so proud of Ollie. He told Scott, I have something to say. So up he went. it was so sweet and from the heart. He was just so happy his sister didn't have to have another surgery and then he said Heavenly Father is happy with everyone....everyone here. I stood up as well and couldn't tell you one thing that I said. I apologize now if I said the word crap. I tend to say that when I'm nervous. It could've slipped out. So..... sorry.

It still feels foreign to me. the whole girl thing. Dresses, ribbons, tights. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving it, it's like I'm playing paper dolls. But I feel like I'm cheating the system some how. Like I'm not supposed to be doing it. I'm the boy mom.

And thanks to my moms beautiful dress she made for Davy girl. I have a very talented Mom. She hardly ever uses a pattern, she just goes for it and it always is amazing.

Did I mention this was Davys first time out in the world. We were a little nervous. We were nervous about germs and looky lous and how we were going to feed her and do meds. But it went really smoothly that day. Especailly cuz I didn't need to worry about feeding everyone else. My sister Beth headed that up and all my family pitched in. It made the day way less of a stress for us, Thank you guys. I mean it, really....Thank you.




3 bffs, Lily, Davy and Archie.

14 comments:

amber buhrley said...

So sweet! Love all the pictures and she looked so beautiful that day. I loved how peaceful and happy she was the whole day. And...you do such a good job with dressing her in all the girly stuff! I have been a little jealous to be honest! It is fun to see lily and davy next to eachother to see how much they really do look like eachother. Carol Joy said they did too!

Heather said...

That was really cute! Was that all your's and Scott's family? Wow! And the dress of Davy's and the cute little bonnet were perfect. She looked so adorable! I'm glad you are having fun playing dress-up with your girl. Just keep putting things in her hair so she will get used to it, and won't be pulling them out when she's 2! I wish I had done that. lol

Georgia said...

She is just adorable Ruth. I am so happy to hear that her blessing went so well. I love the family shot....it should be your holiday card!

Melany said...

aw, these pics made me kinda tear up. davy looks sooo pretty and peaceful. so cool to have a blessing dress made by your mom. and so nice to have family do the food! you're lucky to have SO MUCH family around you who loves you. happy blessing day davy!

Cathy Woodruff said...

She is so beautiful! I wish we could of been there! You guys were are in our thoughts, prayers and heart. When I get nervous that crap word slips out all the time... and when it does I think to myself... crap I can't believe I just said crap!

jenn (+ will) said...

so sweet! love her in the bonnet too :)

Caitlin said...

The dress is beautiful especially with all of that sweet detailing. Your boys looked so cute, the one picture of your little family really showed their individual personalities. What a happy day!

Katie Schultz said...

I could not believe your mom's talent, she looked so adorable. The day just seemed so perfect and Scott held her up for everyone to see and there were so many oooohhhh ahhhhhh, and hushed "she's so cute" That was a miracle that you were able to have this day.

Beth said...

I know I have said it before but here I go again...what a little Angel you have living with you!

I love the family picture! and all the close ups. Davy and her cousins is priceless!

Auntie Ann said...

What a beautiful family! And that baby girl...a perfect angel in white!

Aaron said...

I really really really dig that photo of just your family.

Natasha and Jesse said...

I found your blog through cjane. Your daughter is beautiful. And her blessing dress is really pretty. Natasha from: http://days-of-natasha.blogspot.com/

Leah said...

Your little girl is so gorgeous. Her name is so cute too. I have found your blog from CJane's. I have just had a quick read through Davy's first few months, what a time you have had. And what a fantastic mum you are. I will add you to my list of blogs I love and pray for Davy to continue to grow strong. Take care.

BAK said...

I came over from C-jane's blog and have been combing your archives. Your daughter is adorable. I had to comment on this post because I could relate when you said you were playing paper dolls when dressing her up because you are the boy mom. If I ever had/have a daughter, I would feel the same way, having 2 boys running around. I think I would faint if I ever got to buy some tights or a headband.

Thanks for sharing your story. So glad for prayers and faith!! Aren't they amazing?