Friday, October 1, 2010

2:30 in the afternoon

Every day at 2:30 I have a play date with my homey, Jill.  It lasts all of 10 minutes, if we're lucky. She shows up looking like the beautiful well dressed woman that she is....and I walk out of my house looking like a hillbilly/hobo. As my kids pile out of her sweet minivan(I'm jealous for real), we try to cram in as much fun as we can before June(her daughter) tells us it's time for Jill to go home. Jill will blast her new favorite CD(the new apples in stereo), and I'll dance in my driveway for her.  Then we talk about how fun it would be to have a girls night one day....one day soon. But for now I will just have to be content with a dance party in my driveway. 

10 comments:

stacy said...

oh man i love that jill! some days i really miss being with the people of brea...but most of the days i'm just excited that i get to live here in az. :) you are both so beautiful and stylish! :)

The {G} Family said...

I want a girls night, too! But, I"m content to gab with the gals I bump into at Walmart. I'm exciting, huh? LOL Stacy - I'm in AZ, too! Love it here!

jill said...

I wish we could of had a proper photo shoot for this unexpected post. I would of remembered to make sure my man hands were kept out of the picture. Your dance skills never cease to amaze me!

Kelsey Crowder said...

so cute!

Rochelleht said...

I just had a very similar playdate myself. The kids were whining that they were hungry, so we had to end it. Wah!

whitneyingram said...

hi jill.

Alli Easley said...

Dancing in your driveway is b'dass. Just sayin'. I love it.

Georgia said...

Good friends are the best!!!!

Beth said...

Jill is Awesome!!!

She is a BIG 'Team Davy'supporter who helps make your day...which helps makes my day...a little easier. (does that even make sense?)

Thanks Jill for helping out with Harper play dates each week, picking up the boys from school each day & for Ruthy's 10 minute play date in the driveway.

Elyssium Earth said...

Yay. I'm so glad you posted. Courtney made me like you and that 'ittle bit, Davy. She's gotta friend in me. My niece dances to your man's crazy nonsense and loves it. And we know the words because we hafto, right?