Monday, April 19, 2010

Thank You Ms. Lyon

About a month before my due date I started to think about how I wanted my delivery to be. Meaning If I wanted people in with Scott and I. I always had my sister, Beth to take pictures, so Scott could be by my side. I've had moms for support, but I knew this time was different. I had the "what if she doesn't make it" in my mind. It may seem weird but I barely could handle my emotions and I knew I would not be able to handle some one else's grief as well. Then I thought if "something bad" were to happen I would want pictures of her and I know It would be hard for us to do it. Then the thought of Amelia Lyon popped in my head. I knew I could ask her and she would help us. Anyways the very next day I received this text.... Hey Ruthy, I've been thinking about you a lot and I'm not sure if you already had something lined up, but I would love to come and capture this next birth for you. let me know how you feel, it would be my gift to you. Love, Amelia.
So weird and amazing how in tuned some people can be. Well Ms. Lyon did take pictures of Davy's entrance into this world and she did a fantastic job. She was a little fly on the wall snapping away pictures. I hardly knew she was there. My question to you is...... I want to post some, do I go all out and post A LOT? Or don't bore you and post a few?

10 comments:

stacy said...

i want to see atleast 150 pics...that's what i want. amelia is a special girl! :)

Heather and James Georgianna said...

Go big or Go home

Beth said...

Whaaaat???? I was so excited to see the first picture...hoping to see more...PLEEEEEASE!

jenn (+ will) said...

a LOT

Georgia said...

Oh my gosh Ruth....post as many as you can. I feel I have been on this journey with you, and think about Davy on a daily basis. Of course I would love to see a TON of the pictures. Davy is a blessing to us all!!!!

Jill said...

Of course as many as you'd like to share...but I hope you save some just for you. At least for a little while.

Christy said...

Every. single. one. don't know if I want to see too much of your v'jayjay though. Want to see everything else for sure. I love heather's comment. love amelia.

Cathy Woodruff said...

We want to see them all! Thanks for sharing your special day with us!

Heather said...

A bore you say?! Are you kidding? Never! A child born to parents who love said child and want to share her coming into this world is NEVER a bore! All of us would be delighted in sharing this amazing experience with you, if you let us. She is such a precious little girl, and for you as her mother, sharing it with us, helps us to understand her difficulties that she might have in this world. Thank you for that.

amber buhrley said...

Im with heather schultz on this one! And beth...I couldnt wait to keep scrolling through the pictures only to be let down with just a few!