Monday, April 26, 2010

Good news!!!

We just got Davy's metabolic tests back. She was tested for many different things, like metabolizing fats, cholesterol etc. and everything came back NORMAL!!!!! We are so happy, this is huge news for her(and us). I really thought she was going to have a problem in this area, which would have meant a crazy diet. So this is a giant step forward for our little one.
Tomorrow she will be getting an MRI done to check out her pituitary gland. Some thing is off with her thyroid and her body isn't producing the hormone cortisol, which is a stress hormone. That is one reason why her body didn't react so well after her surgery.
She is going slow on her feeds now. They are pumping my breast milk through her G-tube a half an ounce over an hour continuously all day. She is still not completely keeping it down, so they are giving her 2 different meds to help it go through her intestines faster and the other to help the acid.
She is smiling and cooing all the time. The nurses love coming in to say hi to her. It's making it harder to leave her. Today I had the urge of just running out with her. Could I get arrested for stealing my own baby?

12 comments:

Carrie Anne said...

yeah!!!!!! i am so happy for you! i love good news & it's so needed, huh? are you at st. jude close by home or somewhere else? i loved your other post...you're such a good mother to understand those things. once you're all together so much will just settle & be okay. i have been thinking about you so much these last few days & i hope you are doing well. love the updates. she is such a doll...i love those eyes! she obviously has such a neat spirit. take care!!!!

Cathy Woodruff said...

what a sweet smile... prayers are answered! now we just got to get davey girl home!!!!

Georgia said...

Davy is absolutely darling! I'm so happy happy to hear the good news! Reading you post was a wonderful way for me to start my day! Big hugs!

Melany said...

yay! that's so awesome!! what a cute big smile! i'm sure she's happy that she's feeling better, too. :)

jenn (+ will) said...

that's so great ruth!!! she is so happy and adorable!

From Me to You said...

Her blue blue eyes and that cute smile melt my heart!! We are so glad to hear the great news. We think about you guys all the time!!

Heather said...

Yay! And what a beautiful smile!

Shar said...

I stumbled across your blog somehow. Your little Davy is SOOOOO precious! I love that picture of her. What gorgeous blue eyes already!

My baby boy was in the NICU for 2 months, so all of your pictures bring back LOTS of memories. (especially the IV in the head) Hang in there. It feels she's been in there forever, but when you look back in a few months, it will be a blur! :)

Nancy said...

I stumbled across your blog while I was "blog surfing" and couldn't stop reading. What an amazing little inspiration your little Davey is. She has the most beautiful blue eyes and the sweetest smile! This picture is priceless!!

Your family is in my prayers!

k berrett said...

Ruth! i haven't blogged for a long time!! I have been thinking a lot about y'all but haven't heard any news. I don't call california often enough! I am so thankful to read your blog and see all the beautiful pictures! Words cannot express my feelings and heart right now! We hope things continue to go well! you are amazing and I am so happy you have been able to write about it all. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you and your boys too - it must be tough but i know Heaven's blessing is upon you and your children!! What a miracle! I love her name too!!

k berrett said...

i meant I haven't been on blogger - to read people's blogs - but I got on here to see if you had posted anything -- sorry it just sounded kinda weird when I read through it so I had to say that better....

Brittany said...

What a sweet smile! She really does melt my heart...even through the computer. What a little bit of heaven you have.