Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Another secret



A couple of months ago I got a call from my Father in law, it went something like this.....

FIL- I am not asking you, I'm TELLING you that we are putting on a benefit dinner for Davy. You can come or not come, but we are still doing it.

Me- (how do you answer that question) I will be in attendance, I promise.

And that was that. I told you that my in laws can throw a party like no one's business. So they are, for my little girl.
My first reaction to the benefit was that I was a little embarrassed. But then I realized that I was only thinking of myself. This is not about me, this is about my sweet Davy. It's about getting her the care she needs. I would love to tell you that we are A-OK financially or we have the best insurance in the world or the state is covering everything. But the answer would be nope nopitty nope.

SO thank you friends and family for putting on this shindig. Thank you for all your time and donations.
Oh and thanks to the lovely Brooke White and The neighbors for sharing your Talents with us. That is way to kind.

My only problem now is that there are some cool really things in the auction that I want to buy!! Bummer for me, but not for you.

for more info go here teamdavy.org

11 comments:

City Mom said...

This is FANTASTIC - I hope it is a huge success!

By the way, Operation Smile is the best. I met Dr. Magee personally in 2009 when my son had his CL repaired in Norfolk, VA. His entire team is amazing - Such a great organization!

Best wishes!

Jennifer Bertrand said...

How lovely----the hardest part is accepting help and congratulations on passing that test!!! It's amazing to learn it's all about perspective! Big hugs to all of you! Love, Jen Bertrand (aka Winston's mom)

jenn (+ will) said...

so sad we will be out of town. can't WAIT to hear how it goes and see all the lovely photos :) hope you have a great time and it goes well!

Sarah Hull said...

this is too exciting! Just blogged about it too! We are going to try to come for sure!

Jessica Crozier said...

Wow, how awesome!! I wish we could come so you could meet my Emma! That is so great your in-laws are doing this. How special. Man…if I could only find a way! ;-)
p.s. my blog is back up and running, and I have some juicy school gossip for you. You might be interested re: your son.

tracyjax said...

I am so bummed I can't make it! I will be out of town for my family reunion! But I hope it goes well! I think it's a fantastic idea!

Presley family said...

This is my first time to your blog and can I just say what a little sweetie your Davy is!!!!!! As a "special" Mommy myself I know how hard it is to say yes when people offer to help. I am so excited for y'all and it look like it will be AWESOME!!!!

Brie said...

I have been following your blog for a LONG time but I think today is my first comment.
I LOVE OpSmile! As a teen I set up and ran my high school OpSmile club and got to attend a ton of meetings in Norfolk as well as a youth retreat. They are an amazing organization doing a ton of awesome work.
I we weren't across the country I would be there in a heartbeat!

rella12 said...

I live across the country but will donate when a link appears!

From Me to You said...

We can't wait to go to this!! See you in a week!!

Carrie Anne said...

i wish i lived closer so i could totally come! that'd be such a blast!!!! what a fun night! yay for team davy!!:)