Wednesday, December 8, 2010

15 minutes



I have been asked if Davy is a an easy baby(despite health issues.) I would love to answer yes, but I have come to the conclusion that she is not. She wants to be held and also wants you to entertain. So I am holding, talking singing, tap dancing just to keep this girl happy. Sometimes it's a joy, cuz you get a big return, one dimpled Davy grin. But if I want to get anything done like, clean, cook, the boy's homework it is an all out war. A war that I lose, a lot.
So today was the day I was cleaning out my closet. I've been meaning to do this for about a year now. I put Davy on my bed and was rapping and dancing to her but she was not amused. Then she got a hold of some tissue paper on my bed. Whoa.....It was like the best thing that has ever happened to this child. She was in heaven, I was in heaven. It would have been a very productive 15 minutes if she weren't being so darn cute. I couldn't focus on the task at hand. Looks like she won again...darn her.

13 comments:

MindySue said...

Does she have any of those toys that make the loud crinkly noise? My Cora can't get enough of those.

Georgia said...

LOL....the cheapest toy ever. I love it! She sure is adorable! And that hair.....so cute!

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with my baby! I know she would love tissue paper but she seems to think that she is part goat since she loves to eat all paper. Glad you found something for Davy!

Kari said...

She's too precious!

Beth said...

I will remember to bring the tissue paper next time I babysit : )

Lauren said...

she is pretty darn adorable!!
my baby LOVES tissue paper (or any paper for that matter) too... Only now that he has teeth, he rips chunks off and tries to eat it... so I can't really use it as a nice distraction anymore. :)
Davy is so cute!

Artfulife said...

My 3rd was like that, so hard to get sleep, or anything done around the house. I felt like a zombie for the first 18 months. Enjoy that little pumpkin, she is just adorable!

Ora said...

"Spunky" is the term we use for the not so easy babies we have. Isn't it wonderful to watch them discover their world! Way to go Mom for taking 15 minutes to enjoy it with her - your closet will still be there waiting. ;)

Jones Family said...

Try parchment paper. It doesn't fall apart so easily when they eat it.

kerstin said...

I. Regarding Davy Baby waking up mid surgery:

I have Dr. Seuss inspired treatments bi-weekly ("conscious sedation", anyone?) wherein my central nervous system is turned off for me. By a very very large needle going into my neck.

Davy really WAS NOT in pain. When I put myself in her position, I would be pretty pissed that the blue surgery paper was on my face, blocking my view from the awesome colored surgical lights. If I was Baby Girls age, I would also be like "I want this paper in my hands now please, not on my face"

Sounds like Baby D has awesome doctors too, which know and love her well. I'm just a little young gal myself, but I have such feelings of love and trust for everyone in my OR biweekly. Even though I am a thousand miles from my parents, I know that I am fiercely loved and protected.

II. When is there going to be a fashion post on like where you get such adorable clothes for yourself and your kiddos?

III. Will u please do me a favor and fly in Keeghan Reynolds/Richards to Yo Gabba to dance? The kid has mad skills, as evidenced with his sister's interview with Meredith on the Today Show. YouTube it if you are unaware.

My name is Kerstin, and I like to dance!

kerstin said...

Wait I lied. Keeghan Roberts. Thats a my bad.

Paige said...

Your posts are so cute. Sounds like your priorities are spot on! =D

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.