Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Meet our new puppy!

Ollie has been so sad since Boo has left. He is obsessed with dogs now. He loves watching the dog whisperer. And his favorite thing to play is "pups" with his cousin, Eliza. I felt really guilty so I caved in and we went to pick out a new pup. He went straight for a small black puppy and declared his name would be Boo. Before you call me up on the phone and say I've gone mad, we bought our pup from build a bear. We went for Junes birthday. He was so excited. I kinda feel a little bad cuz he really thought his pup was gonna come to life. When they sewed the heart in it, he ran out of the store dragging the lifeless boo on it's leash asking uhh, when is he gonna be alive? When he made his wish on the dog(it's a build a bear ritual) he wished that this Boo would be a good pup and not bite Harper so we could keep him forever and ever(oh the guilt). Ollie has been working on potty training Boo. So far so good. He is a very well behaved puppy.

7 comments:

Beth said...

That's my kind of puppy!

Jana Heller said...

that is honestly the cutest thing i have read in a long time. he is the cutest kid.

julie said...

what a great idea! i may need to steal this idea one day (my kids are very pro-pet...)

Christy said...

I'm with Jana. That is such a cute post and with Beth cuz that's my kind of puppy too. But only Ollie would ask when would it come alive. too funny. LOVE that build a bear has things for boys too. My girls just celebrated their BAB's 2nd birthday. They have their Birth Certificates hanging in their room. too cute. I love Max's frog one too.

Anonymous said...

Ollie is so funny! He must make life a lot more fun because He must have you laughing all the time!

heather said...

how sad he thought it would come to life! the build-a-bear people must really build it up. i never get sad about giving away our dog- which is pretty sad itself.

ps. did mossi & sharla let ollie have charlie for the day? how was that?

Sarah said...

OH boy that is way too cute! Its painful.