Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Quarantine

It's been a BUSY past couple o' days. I thought I would be posting about how AWESOME the Team Davy benefit was, but you'll have to wait on that one. I need some time to put that into words. Also, we have a plague in our house and by plague I mean Pneumonia. Yes you read right, Harper has Pneumonia!!
This how it went down.....
Sunday afternoon Harper hunches over in pain and said his tummy hurt, or a skeleton was punching him. He was shaking and breathing quick breaths. I thought this was from pain. He had a low grade fever, no vomiting or diarrhea. Then he was fine, maybe a little less active, but fine. He coughed maybe once or twice, but I would have never have said he was congested at all. I actually thought it was appendicitis. I even called a Doctor for advice.
Monday I had therapy all day with Davy, so my sister, Cathy, watched Harper for me. She said, wow, Harper has really mellowed out. He had no fever or screaming out in pains, so I figured maybe it was gas or something.
Today I went to the school for Ollie's Luau party. I get a call saying, Harper is screaming and shaking. So I get home and Harper is a hot mess. Literally, he had a fever and was shaking and breathing really quickly. So I took him to the Doctors. The x-ray showed that his right lung was full and it was pressing on his side which caused the tummy pain. He had a 102 fever and his oxygen levels were not so great.
SO we did some breathing treatments, Tylenol and then gave him two (very painful)shots of heavy meds in his legs. We have to go back in tomorrow and do it all over again. But it beats going to the hospital, right?
Poor Harper, I have never seen him like this. He is a pretty tough kid. When they gave them the shots, he screamed and asked if it was OK if he could cry for a long time.
Now we are just trying to figure out how we are going to quarantine him from Davy. She can NOT get this. That would not be good.
So prayers......prayers for everyone over here.


20 comments:

Danna said...

Poor Harper! I will be lifting you guys up in prayer!

Georgia said...

I'm sorry Ruth. Poor little Harper.....I know he will get better fast (especially with the shots). Keeping him, and the whole family in my prayers. Keep us updated. Hugs.

Hugbuggal said...

(((Ruth and Harper))) Hang in there ~ we are sending prayers for a quick recovery for Harper and a safe quarantine for little Davy!

Big Hugs,

From the Reeds

Caitlin said...

OK that is a serious bummer! Of all families to get pneumonia. We'll be praying for ya'll.

Melany said...

so sorry! hope no one else gets sick and that harper gets well fast!

The {G} Family said...

Sending good thoughts...That Harper is better quick and that Davy stays well. And that Mama stays sane!

BROOKE WHITE said...

prayin' Ruth. goodness gracious, tough stuff for ya and the fam. Great people you all are.

Ora said...

Chase got pneumonia in Jan. It was no real fever, no cough an he was just lethargic... but for such an active boy, his lethargic was just playing with toys while laying down. How scary for you... Prayers coming your way. Poor guy, it took us amost a month to feel more normal after he was done with antibiotics and his wasn't near as bad as Harper. :( hang in there.

Wordfiend said...

Wow. That's scary! Sending prayers for Harper getting well quickly and for no one else - especially Davy - getting sick.

Beth said...

Harper is such a tough kid...so you know when he says it hurts, he is in lot of pain. I am so glad the worst is behind you.

Poor little guy!

EJ said...

Ugh!!! Poor Harper and everyone else! Will pray it goes away soon and that no one else gets it!!!!!!
Erin, www.thesearemyreasons.blogspot.com

Jocelyn said...

My prayers are with your family

Jocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Hull said...

So sorry! We're praying for you all.

I read your post right before going to the temple and put all your names on the prayer roll.

So great to see you and chat with you on Friday night. What a spectacular event! Thank you for your kind words on my blog. You are so sweet!

Take care my friend!

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

Yikes poor guy! You're family will definitely be in our prayers that it doesn't spread and that Harper will recover quickly.

heather said...

we are thinking of & praying for harper. wendy especially - she's going through harper withdrawls.

Becki D said...

Praying!

Unknown said...

Joel and I are thinking about you all... and are hoping that there is a magical force field around Davy.

Unknown said...

The "Unknown" is me - Jennifer Jordan Day. I don't comment on blogs often and clearly have not done something right. Oh well. Sending Love and Good Thoughts.

Kim said...

you weren't kidding. does pneumonia "go around?" 2 of my kids have now had it in the last 6 months. I miss you, hope everyone is doing better