Friday, May 7, 2010

I'm feeling the love.


It's been hard not to be a little sad today. I'm getting nervous about leaving our home here. When babies leave the NICU to go home, the parents carry them around the unit and say good bye. I loved seeing the happy parent so full of joy, holding their little one. They were able to say goodbye to the many nurses and doctors they've come to know, trust and love. Davy will most likely leave on Mothers day by ambulance, to her new home. I know this is the best thing for her, but I've been feeling a little sorry for myself. At the same time, I know someone is looking out for both of us. I have really felt the love the past couple of days. The same amazing person who made my cute hospital gown, made Davy two, so she could make a good first impression at her new home. I had a visit tonight from two Old friends and sweet note and beautiful hand made dress from another old friend who lives 2 states away. Thank you everyone for the emails, kind words, texts, prayers, food, facebook messages and comments on this blog. They are very appreciated.

8 comments:

Lana said...

Davy is so dang cute, and I love her little dress. You're awesome!

Jones Family said...

It looks even cuter on Davy. She's gotta be the cutest baby in the NICU.

tracyjax said...

that is too cute!

Emily Rosell said...

Oh my goodness! That gown is so cute on her.

Cathy Woodruff said...

wow! How fun!

Melany said...

she looks ADORABLE! i love her little kimono dress thingy.

Beth said...

You have amazing friends...who have amazing talent! Davy looks so cute and is getting cuter all the time.

Good luck tomorrow and may your new home at Choc be as warm & friendly as the NICU at UCI.

Georgia said...

I am sure that you will feel at home at CHOC in no time. Davy is just darling in her sweet little outfits. So beautiful. I was away for a few days, and couldn't wait to get home to read your blog. Thinking of you every day. Happy Belated Mother's Day Ruth. Big hugs.