Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Our first garden

I would like to say that we planted this for earth day, but it is purely coincidental. But we have gone green none the less. I have always wanted a garden, but i thought it would be too overwhelming. So far It has been pretty easy. It was so much fun for the whole family. The boys got to use power tools, play in dirt and plant their own seeds. Max chose broccoli and Ollie chose lettuce. So far we've all enjoyed watering it and our seeds have already sprouted! 

Husband has never looked manlier. I guess that's what power tools do to a guy.

Harper was in heaven. He loves being outdoors. We cleaned out our sandbox and put some new sand in.
I wonder how long it will takes til we have fresh organic vegetables?

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

ahhh...the square foot garden. My favorite and I LOVE mine! Sad thing is I really want to WORK in my garden on occassion and really there is nothing to do!

Melany said...

that looks like so much fun! i loved growing little plants and things when i was little. and i agree, power tools do make a husband manlier. and cooking.

amber buhrley said...

can't wait until I can reap the benefits of your labors!

Katie Schultz said...

yipee. It is so exciting to check on and watch the progress. I am excited to do veggie swapping with you.

Georgia said...

THAT IS AWESOME. Its funny, cause I was just telling Dave that I want a garden, but as strange as this sounds, with our huge yard, we didn't have a "spot" for one. I love the idea of having it in a box.

Poor Dave....he has not idea of my little project yet : )

I am excited for you guys. Plus, if they grow it, they will eat it!

Jenny said...

Ok so today I was channel surfing and I stopped on the E! channel the Daily 10 was on and guess what there was your husband!! What!! He was talking to Sal the cohost of the show about Yo Gabba Gabba, how cool! And yes sometimes I watch the E! network shhhh don't tell anyone!!

Susie Demke said...

Fun. We're getting started on one too.
We had one my whole childhood. My dad is a great gardner still does and has always encouraged us to grow one, so a few months ago we started thinking about it and figured it's going to be a very long time before we are ever able to do anything in that back space in our yard so we might as well make it worth our while. And our wallets.
Fun Fun.

Unknown said...

I remember that garden!!! I remember that we took Wheat Thins and took some of the veggies and made a appetizer and tried to get people to buy it! Good times.....