Monday, November 17, 2008

Road trip day 2

This was the day that the boys went to Mitchell caverns in the Mojave desert. Apparently these are the only caves with stalagmites and stalactites in California. Unfortunately the caves weren't Harper friendly so I stayed in Vegas with my sister, while Scott took the boys and cousin Jacob to the caves. Being that I was not there for this trip I am going to have Max and Scott say a few words. 
Max- Well, I learned that when stalagmites and stalactites meet together they are called columns. It was a big cave so I got bored of it since it was sooooo long.  So far I think that it was my perfect day!
Me- What was your favorite part?
Max- When we got to climb on the rings.(see pictures below)
Me- So what do you have to say about the trip?
Scott- We had a tour guide through the caves and Max made the guy work for his money. He had a question about everything. It made the tour alot more interesting. 


Inside the caverns. The guide said it takes 100 years for the stalagmites and stalactites to grow 
1 inch!

The infamous rings. When the boys came home and I asked them how their trip was, all they talked about were these rings.
Please notice the difference between Jacob and my boys in these pics. My boys always looked so put out by the camera while Jacob smiled his biggest first grade picture smile.


4 comments:

Georgia said...

Looks like the road trip was a blast!!!

Happy Trails!

Melany said...

that picture is so funny with your 2 boys and their cousin where he's grinning away and both of them are like "whatever."

Susie Demke said...

Cool!
Where did you get this idea? Looks so fun.

heather said...

That's funny! I was going to comment on Jacob's big smile compared to your boys' pretend-the-camera-isn't-there-pose after seeing the picture of the 3 of them, before I even read what you wrote.

I'm pretty sure you only give birth to child models. It just comes naturally to all 3 of them.