Friday, July 16, 2010

Not even 4 months yet.

i was trying to hold off the inevitable, but it's here. davy is sick. she caught the cold that harper has. i was hoping she was going to be a little older for her first sickness, but.....nope nopeity nope. she started show signs yesterday. she was acting fussy and getting a little snorty. it was a rough night, partly because i was over analyzing things...was that a weird breath? is she too hot? is she lethargic, wait she should be sleeping now anyways. today she took a looooong nap and then i've just been holding her ever since. i'm trying to think of what you do for a infant with a cold, not much huh? tylenol, humidifier, saline drops? anything I'm forgetting? i'm in touch with her pediatrician and endocrinologist, it's basically davy watch 2010. if you could, give davy a little prayer, she would greatly appreciate it.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Prayers said!
Try Johnsons Soothing Vapor Bath...with eucalyptus, rosemary & menthol. Thats something I always keep on hand. I also always have Vicks BabyRub. A little rub on the chest under a onesie or even down the soles of their feet (with socks on afterwards) is so soothing.

Georgia said...

Oh man.....I will keep her in my prayers. I'm hoping you have A/C going....its hot : (

Amy... said...

I remember my little guy getting his first ear infection at 2 months old and I felt terrible. Kids aren't supposed to get sick so soon, right? (Unless, of course, they have sweet big brothers to bring it home to them.)

I pray that Davy gets over this quickly and that it causes no complications for her.

~Amy~
biglittlemiracles.blogspot.com

Reagan said...

Poor little Davy bug. I hope she feels better soon.

We do chest pt to piper sometimes and it helps break up any secretions/mucus in her chest. She loves it and it usually helps. I bet you could find out online if that might relieve her or soothe her.

Good luck!

Beth said...

I hope she is feeling better today..Poor little Davy girl

I had to laugh when you wrote 'Davy watch 2010' because that is exactly how I felt last night when I was babysitting because I was over analyzing each breath too.

shellybellylarson said...

prayers lifted for you and sweet baby davy ! Get well hugs to you!

Michelle said...

You have got my prayer! Hope your weekend isn't too rough and it passes quickly!

Cathy Woodruff said...

Sorry to hear she is sick... our prayers are with you guys... and a bit of fasting also.

katie said...

you poor thing! we are praying!