Today my baby turns 8!!! Yikes, every birthday he has just reminds me that I'm getting older too. This is obviously a big year for Max- he gets to be baptized and he is starting cub scouts! I have been an emotional wreck. I have a love/hate relationship with milestones. Well let me tell you about my first born!.....
- Max was by far my largest baby, 9lbs 5 oz and 21 inches!!!! His birth was not an easy one. He still is on the larger size. He looks like a 10 year old.
- Max was my easiest baby. He was very mellow. He hardly cried. He loved to sit on a bed and just stare at the ceiling fan.(i miss those days) Then he turned 18 months and turned into Mr. energy.
-He has always been very friendly. He Is NOT shy. He will talk to anyone, go up on any stage and loves to make people laugh. He is infamous at the Brea plunge. (which may be a bad thing) I get stopped in Brea all the time by people asking Aren't you Max's Mom? Thanks Max for helping my social life.
- Max has a tendency to go in his own world(I think he gets that from Scott) You may think he is not paying attention but he will surprise you.(sometimes)So watch what you say. When Max was 3, my friend and I were talking about some hardships that were going on in her life and Max very calmly from the back seat of the car said, Sarah don't worry, It's a GOOD world out there. He actually made us cry and feel better. Cuz he was right, it is a good world.
- The picture below we were trying to rake a grand kid picture and NO one was cooperating. We told Max to hold onto Rocky and don't let go. And the boy NEVER let go. He ended up holding onto his foot, as Rocky was screaming for dear life. I realized that Max will always take his job seriously.
-Did I mention how funny Max is. He is very creative too. When he was in preschool, he had a fundraiser to sale cookie dough and instead of calling up our friends and family he wrote a song. So we brought his mini guitar and we knocked on their doors and he sang his punk rock song called buy my cookies. It pretty much was him pounding on the guitar singing, IF WANT TO BUY MY COOKIES, YOU CAN BUY MY COOKIES, JUST GIVE ME 10 DOLLAAAAAHHHSSSS!!! Needless to say he sold a lot of cookies. I am actually sad that i didn't have a blog to document his Maxisms, cuz he ad A LOT of them.
-Max's likes are...Video games, Pokemon, adventures with Dad, pancakes and Xoe,Xanthe& Jacob (his cousins) His dislike- homework, too many foods to name(he is really picky), cleaning his room and watching the same movie twice.
- Max I could go on and on about you. You were my first and you will always be special to me.(yes I'm crying) I have learned so much from you. I am very lucky to be your Mom. You make me so proud. I love you.