Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Rocket Races

So I am way behind on some events in the Schultz house. The first being the Rocket race at Cub scouts. The whole house was excited for this one. All three boys made a rocket(the third boy being Scott, not Harper) They styled their rockets into the coolest shapes; Max made his into a dagger, Scott's was a pencil and Ollie's was just a golden Rocket. But Ollie named his Rocket "The Golden Sean". Where he came up with Sean' I will never know. While the boys rockets had in design it lacked in speed. Max was like in 4th place(out of 7). I kept telling him it's not about winning, it's about having fun. Which he replied, Mom can't I want to do my best though? Uhhh... yes you can, I guess. Just so you future Mom's of cub scouts know i was wrong, It is ALL about winning.
                                                                         The Pack

This is his look of total disappointment. Max we promise it is ON for Pinewood Derby!

                              They let Ollie race the "Golden Sean". He lost big time.

I think I cheered him up by this point. These things really are a good lesson on how to be a good sport.

11 comments:

Georgia said...

I've never heard of the rocket race. It looked really fun. I do however remember pinewood derby. I still have Matt's cars. Its great memories....and Matt never "won".

amber buhrley said...

Maybe you could get a few pointers from my bro in law lou. Seems he wins every year by a landslide with both his boys! Maybe he cheats?

stacy said...

oh my gosh i can't believe that is the who pack. i forget cause we aren't in CA anymore that cub scouts is small. we have 22 boys in our group.

i haven't heard of rocket races before...so fun. they always say that they don't care if they win but they find out really quick that they do. after t's first loss he was ready to go home. :)

Susie Demke said...

I like the kids in his red basketball shorts. With the cubs shirt. I prefer comfort myself.
In the past it was me (with the "help" of Grandpa)(who did everything) doing pinewood derby with Gav. We had some painful loses. I didn't know the "tricks." I felt as bad a Gavin. Now that we have Christian and his mad cub scouting skills we are hoping to do better. Kick butt even. Christian is eager to redeem our loses for Gavin. Bless his heart.

michelle robinson said...

Patrick can't wait for the bie.cub scout phase. he is read for the pine wood derby.

michelle robinson said...

Patrick can't wit for the brownie/cub scout phase. he is ready for the pine wood derby.

whitneyingram said...

Ethan just randomly started talking about the pinewood derby when he was a scout. He won because he left his little racer car as a block of wood. It was the heaviest and he won. He called it a bus. So tell Max to just leave it as it is and just paint it. He will win for sure.

Christy said...

haha. Pinewood Derby! Wow. I remember going to those when Scott and Ben were doing them. They won all the time. They were seriously way into it. With weights and metal shavings and everything. My dad went all out. I always hated them cuz I hate competitive sports. I always feel bad for the losers. Love the pictures.

Katie Schultz said...

That is great that Ollie is participating too. It really is all about winning.

Melany said...

that "disappointment" pic of max is so funny! why do the cub scouts do this again? for like a building badge or something? (and you look way cute in that last pic, cute headband.)

Jones Family said...

Are you guys going to dig a hole in the pinewood derby car and fill it with metal? I'm pretty sure it's cheating, but isn't it all about winning?