First things first, How cute is this little bee?!! My mom crocheted this puppy in about an hour! I was just sad I couldn't take her to the Halloween party to show her off. I will have to make due with bragging on the blog. Do you think it would be too much to have her sport this look as daily wear?
Davy actually was 7 months the day after her surgery. I didn't think she was down for a photo shoot at the time , so I held off until she was a little bit more chipper. There has been some definite improvements in her the past couple of days. She is becoming more like herself.
I feel like this was another big month of changes with Davy. For instance......
* she is waving Hi. OK, not really but doesn't this picture look like she is. She IS actually opening up her hands a lot and not keeping them in a balled up fist. That may seem insignificant but it's something we've been working on with her therapy.
* this a a biggie, she can support her on wait on her feet. She would always blob forward when we tried to pull her to a standing position. She loves her jumper, even though she isn't quite jumping yet. It's more like the homeboy clubbin bounce.
* she has pushed out and lost that third tooth finally. I actually think she is teething for real now, Hew bottom gums are swollen and she is drooling more. Not the best timing on this one, recovering from surgery and teething. Or maybe it's better to do the suffering all at once. Either way I really hate the whole teething business. I wish that they just got all their teeth painlessly in one night.
* she is starting to babble. It's like music to my ears. It's pretty much her going aaaaaAAAAaaaahhhhh. With a couple of squeaks here and there. It's so cute, I love it.
* Remember her fixation with her hands? Well she has added her left foot into the mix. She kicks it up and stares at it for days.
* her hair is starting to grow in thicker!!! It's growing in as a faux hawk. I think that's due to the fact that they kept shaving her sides in the NICU. She is looking like the cutting edge fashion baby like Gwen Stefani's or a Pitt- Jolie.
* we all know she had the first of her cleft surgeries and while it hasn't been easy on her, she is my hero for her strength.