Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ah poop

First of all, thank you for all the feedback on the onesies. I am happy to report I did buy some and she hasn't pulled her button out all week.
But I have another question. It is pertaining to poop, so if you get grossed out when mom's talk about their baby's poop, you have been warned.
There is a reason why Davy is nakey in all these pictures and it's not to show off how cute and chubby she is. She has been having major blowouts(newborn style) for the past month.They were usually just in the morning, like at 5am. But now it's morning and afternoon! I am changing sheets and outfits all day. Total bummer.
Just a few facts.......I have moved her up to bigger size of diapers and haven't really added anything new to the diet. Except a new probiotic, could that be it? What else am i missing? Any one else have an almost 2 year old who is doing this? Any advice?
On another note, if you are fortunate enough to hang with Davy, you have probably been thrown a peace sign from her. I have NO idea where she got this from , but she greets people with a huge grin and a deuce. This has been a hit in the Choc lobby.
She has all different ways of doing it. This is your standard peace, love and happiness, peace sign. Then there is the peace sign point. But my favorite is when she giggles and throws a side ways gangsta peace sign. I hope this phase lasts a while, cuz I get a good chuckle from it.
Davy and Harper have been really getting along lately. Here is Harper giving her a scalp massage.
And below he is either hugging her or reenacting a scene from the movie Ghost, not sure.
Either way Harper has been a really good Big brother to Davy. It's a Mom's finest moment when her kids are so loving to each other. Don't you agree?

19 comments:

Heather said...

We just went through a week of blow-outs with my almost-two-year-old. She had a touch of the flu BUT we had also started giving her a new yogurt so the two could be related. I think we did about...87 loads of laundry per day. So icky. Maybe try removing the probiotic and see if it makes a difference.

The Lattimore Acre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kelly said...

Hiii...sometimes kids tummies just spaz out for unknown reasons, when my kids have this happen and with 5 children it happened quite a bit, I just took out most of the dairy from their diet and gave them lots of binding foods like bread and pasta...and it always always helped after a day or two...
Then we went back to the dairy after about 4 days...
Hope this helps.... :-)
Kelly... Xoxo

Beth said...

I laughed out loud with Harpers reenacting the scen from ghost, what great pictures! Love all her chubbiness. And we love it when she throws us a piece sign...maybe because I am a flower child myself.

Aimee said...

When my preemie son was just over a year old, we began giving him probiotics in order to help him poop. For whatever reason, solid food wasn't agreeing with him and he would get backed up really easily. The interesting thing was that he suffered from NEC while in the NICU and lost a portion of his intestine, and we had been told to expect more frequent and looser stools (which has never really been the case). The probiotics are what helped to normalize him. They say it takes the body a little while to get used to probiotics, so maybe things will normalize for Davy once she gets used to this particular one?

Stephanie said...

reenacting a scene from Ghost - HA! They totally are. I love it.

I bet it's the probiotics. Have you ever tried those? That's all I'm gonna say...

whitneyingram said...

GHOST!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I have to show this to Ethan.

Heidi Stankiewicz said...

Probiotics definitely help your bowels move! I have to take them for Celiac disease and I can tell a big difference!

Lisa Henderson said...

Bummer. That was my son from the time he was born pretty much until he learned to blow out in the potty :) Wish I could be more help but the only thing I can suggest is buying a washable pull up and placing that over the diaper. It was easier for me to wash the pull up rather than the sheets and clothes. Davy will look like she has a rocking booty!

kuliejellogg said...

My daughter flashed peace for awhile, too, and I was perplexed until I noticed her peace-ing back to Murray at the end of Sesame Street...

Anonymous said...

Now that you mention it...this is totally happening with our 16 month old, and I just started him on Stonybrook Organic yogurt ("with six live cultures!") recently. I have also taken any and all citrus out of his diet because it's just irritating his heiny (hiney? hiknee?). Good luck with getting Davy back to normal poops!

Ora said...

amen to Finest Mom Moment! I can't help but get a dopey grin when I hear them playing so well together. Her peace signs sound like a kick in the pants. Hopefully you can find a solution to your poop problems... hang in there Ruth!

Bethany said...

I don't know why that would be happening, but i would buy a cloth diaper cover and put it over her diaper...my daughter has had some EPIC blowout and cloth diaper cover has caught every one of them. The "Thirsties" brand are really good

Anonymous said...

LOVE these pictures. Totally made my morning. I am all about probiotics and have not had any problems with them. I am with the comment about taking the probioticis out of the diet just to see if that it what it is. I have had some horrible diapers to deal with concerning those pesky molars. May those diapers stop soon and go back to normal for you!

Erica S. said...

A friend just sent me this blog and it's wonderful! What a beautiful family! My youngest son is 3 and has a very rare genetic condition as well, a duplication and deletion on 4p and 4q. He has many delays, a gtube and Panhypopituitarism. I've never "met" anyone else who has a child with this medical condition. Lots of meds for us, too... I look forward to reading more!

Best,
Erica

Alice said...

I'm so sorry about the poop issue, but the ghost re-enactment? Hilarious. Thank you! Have a good day. Peace out.

PilatesMom said...

It always took Tate two weeks or so to adjust to a probiotics change in dosage (he was allergic to soy and milk, so we only had one option). What also helped us is actually pushing babyfood through his mic-key (watered it down so it flushed easily). We were able to get lots of good prebiotics in his tummy as well.

Wordfiend said...

Our daughter started doing the same thing at about 18 months-2 years. We traced it to wheat intolerance. Her reaction seemed to build up over time. She's now 23 years old and still can't tolerate much wheat.

Lena said...

I wonder if you and your readers are aware of First Annual Conference on Poor Prenatal Diagnoses and Therapeutic Interventions. I read about it at http://gerardnadal.com. People can attend on-line for free.

Hopefully your sweet one's digestive system calms down, and you can spend your time on more enjoyable activities.