Saturday, March 5, 2011

TEN years old

When did this little boy grow up to be this kid?

Max is officially in double didge and it's freaking me out!!!
Max is truly an amazing son, he always has been. He's very funny. He has a different way of looking at the world and I LOVE when he'll tell me his thoughts. He is a lover of hip hop and indie music. He loves making mixes. When he was little he used to write songs and perform them for the family. Now he would rather break dance and tell jokes. He loves to read and play cardboard games(he has always called them this.)
While he can be a very picky eater, he surprises me with the foods that he will eat... like fish, most vegetables, hummus and cottage cheese. He hates sauces, berries and meat.
He is so very kind and always apologizes when he does something wrong. He can be a little absent minded and is always losing his jackets, glasses, lunch boxes, homework. I would say about 80% of the times he puts his shirt on backwards(look at his shirt) Like I said, absent minded. I have no idea where he gets it from :)
I know I am the mom and I am supposed to be teaching him, but I am sure I have learned way more from Max in these past ten years. That is the beauty of motherhood.
This is one of our Birthday traditions. In the morning the boys have to jump through a door full of streamers into their new year. Then they get the breakfast of their choice(they can ask for whatever they want). Max asked for chocolate popovers. I used a new recipe and apparently it did not go over to well. Max took a bite and said, Wow I can't believe I am already SO full. I only had one bite. Can I be done? I asked him, "they don't taste good, huh?" Nope, sorry mom.
SO we had Dad make him the biggest pancake he has ever had.


This picture is not doing the pancake justice, it was huge.
Scott and I then took turns doing fun stuff with Max. Scott made stencils and painted shirts with him and I took him to color me mine to make a new birthday plate(ours broke.) Then we let him watch his new Pokemon DVDs tell his brain burst. I would say it was a pretty good day.


13 comments:

Colt Bowden said...

Happy birthday Max!! I remember when you were 5! Seems like yesterday..

~ Colt

Georgia said...

WOW.....10???? REALLY? I can't believe he's 10....time flies. Happy Birthday Max.......sounds like your birthday was the best.

Maggie May said...

what a cutie guy! love his crown :)

Ora said...

Happy Birthday Max!! I love your streamer tradition.. I bet they just feel so special!

From Me to You said...

Happy birthday Max!! Sounds like you had an amazing birthday! Wish I could see some of your break dancing moves!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind but I just may have to copy your streamer tradition for my kids. What a great idea!

Alli Easley said...

Aw, Happy Birthday Max! I wish I had that pancake right now. For realsies.

Melany said...

so fun! love the streamer tradition. i can't believe you have a 10-year old, ruth! love all the details of what max likes and doesn't like.

Caitlin said...

Wow. 10. I can see why it could make you freak out. He is lucky to have parents who love him as much as you do. He also looks just like his mama.

Beth said...

When I first saw the picture of baby Max I thought boy Harper looks a lot like Max...then I read your caption and realized that it was Max.

Happy Birthday Max!!

heather said...

MAX!! I can remember when you were born and you had a pointy head and were the cutest little baby boy. I can't believe you're so old.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

jenn (+ will) said...

cute cute cute!!! can't believe he's TENNNN

Heather said...

I always remember Max's birthday because he was born something like 3 hours before my Jesse was. Isn't it crazy? 10 year old boys are a lot of fun! (and some trouble, but being so cute, they get away with it) lol
I hope that you guys had a fun time on Saturday, we certainly did!