Tuesday, January 5, 2010

O Christmas Tree


How was your Christmas? Mine was really good. I like to think that I'm a pretty good gift giver. But every year Scott always out-gifts me. This year his best gift to me was he made my blog into a book. Not like one of those snapfish books. It looks like something you could buy at Borders. He made it on Blurb.com. So after seeing my glorious blog in print, I realized i have only blogged like 3 times since August(I 've been busy, OK). A problem I am trying to remedy. So I am going to be playing MAJOR catch up. Like Ollie's first day of kindergarten catch up. So don't laugh when you see Halloween in February.
CATCH-UP #1
This was our Christmas tree this year. We let the boys pretty much do it all by themselves. So it kinda looked like someone threw up ornaments in one spot. I am happy to report that only 3 ornaments died this year, courtesy of Harper. Normally I stress about the ornaments cuz they used to be all matching and pretty. Now half are broken and the other half are school projects from the boys. Gone are the days of my Pottery barn tree. It's funny now that I'm not stressing, Max did a pretty good job for me. He was so bummed on Harper, it made me giggle cuz Max has broke more ornaments then all of us combined.

7 comments:

Colt Bowden said...

Ruthy! Good to see your blogging! Hey, I found a good way to post large photos using Flickr.com

Check out my new blog (this is the one that all my blogging will be on now..)

coltbowden.blogspot.com

Melany said...

yay i'm glad you're going to be blogging more, i love your posts, your boys are so funny. i can't even imagine how you're juggling everything with 3 boys + being pregnant...i think whenever i have # 2 i'll just want to use my spare time to sleep.

kristyn said...

I love the tree!! My crate and barrel ornaments have gone by the wayside also-- now it's only non-breakable ones from target(and YGG plush!). I have to do some major blogging too. I'll be lucky if Henry's birthday (November) gets posted by Valentine's. Thanks for the tip about blurb. I am jealous of your x-mas present-- can't wait to see it!

Georgia said...

I love that fact that you don't have a Pottery Barn tree. Now that my kids are all grown, I STILL decorate the tree with all the ornaments the kids made thru their elementary school years. Its a little trip down memory lane. Those are the things that make life great.....somehow now, the Pottery Barn tree just isn't as beautiful as I once thought it was.

Beth said...

Yeah!!! Ruthy's blog is back!
I love the tree!

Jones Family said...

I love your non-Pottery Barn tree.

Cathy Woodruff said...

Great tree... it reminds me of our home Christmas trees growing up.