Thursday, April 21, 2011

Harper Dynamite

A couple of weeks ago Scott took the boys to the snow. They LOVED it. But ever since then Harper has been obsessed with his snow boots. Even if it's 80 degrees he still rocks the boots. This would not be that weird if we lived in a place that actually snowed, shoot even rained. But So-cal is the land of one season and snow boots are not required.
Walking in snow boots is really not that easy, especially at the park. He was falling down all over the place. It was making him really mad. I tried to take the boots off of him and I got a boot in the face. I blame myself on that one. Harper can be quite the trouble maker but with a face like this, it's easy to forgive.

And no I have not bought locks for my cupboards/refrigerator and yes, he did help himself to a bag of wheat thins and fruit leather.


11 comments:

Eileen said...

A few weeks ago I found your blog and was absolutely hooked. Then of course I dropped everything and read every last entry. There was a photo of Harper in a high chair looking forlon that deserves to be made into a poster! And how cute Davy is trying to get in on the photo! What a beautiful family.

whitneyingram said...

Maybe him and Van can switch. His footwear of choice is rainboots and he wears them everywhere.

Melinda said...

Harper and my daughter would get along swell, she has those exact same boots, just in pink. And she wears them everywhere! Even in the summer with a sundress! haha I think Harper's a doll, so cute!

Tee said...

Hilarious! I love how you compare him to Napoleon Dynamite! I also love the last picture where Davy is on the ground reaching for him ;)

Monica said...

It must be the age. My nephew never takes off his cowboy boots. He looks pretty sweet playing soccer in boots.

Nicole said...

This is my first time posting, but I've been reading for awhile and love your blog. I had to comment because your title made me laugh. My teen and I love Napoleon Dynamite and repeat lines to each other. I think Harper's snow boots are great!

Melany said...

he is SUCH a cute boy. and growing up so fast! snowboots are pretty awesome.

Ora said...

I love that Davy is trying to catch her brother in the last photo (or at least it looks that way).. We have a weird shoe fetish in our house as well.. I think Sydney has more shoes than I do! He so rocks those moon boots... They are perfect for any kind of weather ;)

Heather and James Georgianna said...

send him up with us in the snow!

Beth said...

He is soooooooo cute rockin those boots!

Megan said...

oh my! those eyes and the smile....he could get away with anything:)
i say let 'em wear boots!